Spa treatments rejuvenate the body and spirit and provide a short, relaxing break from the rush of everyday life. If you just want a manicure, a regular spa is fine, but if you want some serious treatments designed to reduce the signs of aging and improve the health of your skin, then a medical spa is for you.
A medical spa operates under the supervision of a licensed medical doctor. The treatments offered at a medical spa can only be done by licensed doctors, nurses or medical professionals. You can also get the same treatments you get at a regular spa and much more. You can think of it as a combination of the treatments usually found in a cosmetic doctor’s office combined with the relaxing experience of a day spa. Medical spas only use high quality, medical-grade skincare products.
When you consult with our specialist, you may express your goals and learn about the treatments that we offer. A customized program will be created for your unique needs by our full-time medical director. You may receive corrective cosmetic treatments that are overseen by our trained health care professionals that include licensed aestheticians and massage therapists.
Some of the top reasons to visit a medical spa include the following:
• Anti-aging procedures to erase wrinkles such as laser skin tightening, BOTOX® injections to treat wrinkles frown lines, crow’s feet, frown lines and other state-of-the-art techniques that are not found in a regular spa.
• Remove sun damage such as brown spots and redness as well as large pores and acne. Our medical spa offers several treatments for skin conditions such as acne, rosacea and scarring for smoother, healthier-looking skin.
• Weight loss treatments and programs that boost metabolism and destroy fat cells can be customized for your weight loss goals. According to your overall health and personal goals, a customized program will be designed to help you lose weight and keep it off.
• Laser hair removal that will permanently reduce unwanted body hair.
• Facials and peels specially designed to exfoliate the skin and promote the generation of new collagen for a more youthful appearance.
• Injectable fillers that lift sagging skin and make the face look fuller and younger.
• Our medical spa also offers less common treatments such as dermaplaning, PRP therapy and the PDO Threadlift, each designed to make you look and feel your best.
If a visit to a spa is in your future, it is worth considering a medical spa. We offer an extensive menu of treatments, and you can consult with our specialist to understand our services and choose the procedures that will help you reach your goals. You will have a bigger selection of anti-aging treatments, which will all be overseen by our experienced doctor. All of this can be found in an attractive, relaxing and inviting environment where you can relax and enjoy your mini-vacation.
If you are interested in the many benefits you can receive from a medical spa, we will be happy to help you at OM MediSpa. Contact us at our office in Elgin to schedule your first appointment and learn more!