Q: Why do I need a facial?
A: Facials offer more than just a luxurious treatment of products applied onto the skin. The goal of a facial is to:
- Cleanse the skin of impurities and oxidized lipids at the surface to control microbial activity.
- Break protein bonds of the outer layer of the skin for exfoliation, which creates a deeper pathway for product penetration to the appropriate layers. Key ingredients can be delivered well to work at the cellular level to help cells function properly.
- Controlled stimulation by the usage of mechanical or chemical exfoliates will also create a post-inflammatory response from the immune system. This will cause repair and regeneration of skin cells and collagen reformation.
- Exfoliation segment of facial will eliminate extra layers of dull skin at the surface. By removal of the extra dead cells, products penetrate well, and skin feels soft and flexible, thus providing clarity and radiance due to even light reflecting off the skin. Depending on the aggressiveness of the exfoliation segment (due to how many layers are affected in the skin) facials can improve skin tone issues.
- Blood flow is an increase from controlled stimulation and also by facial massage.
- Facial massage is relaxing, thus relaxation is vital to lower stress. When the stress level is high, it can wreak havoc on our health, which often shows in our skin as well.
- Movement of lymphatic drainage for metabolic exchange and elimination. When we are stressed, our detoxification slows down, thus making our skin stagnant and slow to eliminate toxins.
- If the barrier of the skin is compromised with tiny fissures, it is sensitive when exposed to external elements. Facials can provide soothing relief to help increase lipid levels in the skin by the usage of products, such as masks and serums. Specific ingredients can replenish the ceramides, fatty acids, and sterols in the lipid layers of the skin for a healthy barrier.
- When the skin is working properly, you can slow down the aging by helping the skin work at its optimum level. The goal of the skin is to stay intact for a healthy matrix and protect us from the environment.
Q: How often can I have a facial?
A: You can have a facial once a week, depending on the level of aggressiveness of the exfoliation segment in the treatment. More intensive facial intervals can be 2-4 weeks apart.
Q: What kind of facials do you offer?
A: Depending on your goals and needs, we customize all of our facial treatments. If your goals are to just simply enjoy a gentle, moderate, pampering service, or if you are looking to have a medium to intensive treatment, we can tailor to your needs in order to meet your realistic expectations.
TYPES OF FACIALS
CUSTOM CLINICAL FACIAL (50 mins): $85, 3 for $200
This facial provides a gentle cleanse to remove impurities and makeup. For the exfoliation segment, you will experience a fruity acid enzyme of a particular strength, which will break up the surface of the skin. Depending on the type of fruity acid, there may be steam involved. After exfoliation, the skin is temporarily disrupted, thus allowing some layers of dead skin to be removed. This allows for a deeper pathway for topical such as serum penetration and masks absorption. You will receive a neck, shoulder, and facial massage. After your relaxation, a hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen are applied. Your facial is finished with a scalp massage.
CHEMICAL PEEL FACIAL (90 mins): $180, 3 for $450
This is a facial similar to the custom clinical facial, but utilizes a combination of enzyme and light lactic acid for the exfoliation segment. A truly delightful facial that leaves the skin feeling very soft and hydrated.
POWER MINI FACIAL (30 mins): $45, 3 for $120
This facial includes everything from a custom clinical facial, BUT there is NO FACIAL MASSAGE.