CONTRAVE is an FDA approved extended-release tablet prescription that contains 2 medicines (naltrexone HCL and bupropion HCL) that may help some adults with a BMI of 30 or greater (obese), or adults with BMI of 27 or greater (overweight) with at least one weight-related medical problems such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or type 2 diabetes, lose weight and keep the weight off.
- CONTRAVE should be used with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity.
- It is not known if CONTRAVE changes your risk of heart problems or stroke or of death due to heart problems or stroke
- It is not known if CONTRAVE is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products
- Please visit www.contrave.com
SAXENDA is an FDA approved injectable prescription medicine that may help some adults with obesity or excess weight, who also have weight related medical problems lose weight and keep it off. The drug is approved for use in adults with a body mass index of 30 or greater (obesity) or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater (overweight) who have at least one weight-related condition such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol (dyslipidemia).
Please visit www.saxenda.com
Wegovy™ (semaglutide) injection 2.4 mg is an injectable prescription medicine used for adults with obesity (BMI ≥30) or overweight (excess weight) (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems to help them lose weight and keep the weight off.
- Wegovy™ should be used with a reduced calorie meal plan and increased physical activity.
- Wegovy™ contains semaglutide and should not be used with other semaglutide-containing products or other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines.
- It is not known if Wegovy™ is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products.
- It is not known if Wegovy™ can be used safely in people with a history of pancreatitis.
- It is not known if Wegovy™ is safe and effective for use in children under 18 years of age.
- Please visit www.wegovy.com
QSYMIA contains a combination of phentermine and topiramate in an extended-release capsule. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant similar to amphetamine. Topiramate is a seizure medication, also called anticonvulsant. Qsymia is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) of:
- 30kg/m or greater (obese)or
- 27 kg/m or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbidity such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, or dyslipidemia
- Please visit www.qsymia.com